Manchester United and City target Iheanacho’s coach denies assault claims - report

November 21, 2013 9:27 PM

103 0

The international coach of Kelechi Iheanacho has responded to claims that he slapped the player's apparent new agent.

The 17-year-old Nigerian is one of the brightest young talents in football, after his starring role in his country’s under-17 World Cup success.

But following stories linking the player with a whole host of clubs both in the Premier League and across Europe, the most recent headlines were generated after an alleged altercation between his coach Emmanuel Amuneke and his apparent new agent Henry Galliano.

The report stated that Amuneke took offence to the decision having previously recommended another agent to the young player, and came to blows with Galliano; something the latter appeared to confirm.

Quoted in Premium Times, Galliano said, “He called me names, beat me up and embarrassed me, he said it’s impossible to just take his players.”

And yet Amuneke has now had his say, vehemently denying any claims of assault.

In an interview with supersport.com and reprinted by Nigerian website Osun Defender, Amuneke said, “I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano.

“I have no business with whoever Kelechi picks as his agent. It’s not my job. I am a coach.

“If he wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends.”

Given the reported interest from Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and FC Porto to name a few, it appears Iheanacho’s career may take the right path with or without the advice of Amuneke.

Speaking following the initial report of the alleged assault, Galliano stated that City had offered the most attractive package to the player.

But while Iheanacho’s future remains a mystery, his talent appears one worth fighting over…or not as the case may be.

Source: hereisthecity.com

To category page

Loading...