Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Transfer News LIVE updates: £114m Coutinho bid rejected, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal gossip

August 18, 2017 3:03 PM
43 0
Transfer News LIVE updates: £114m Coutinho bid rejected, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal gossip

Transfer News LIVE: All the latest gossip, rumours and every done deal as Philippe Coutinho continues to seek a move to Barcelona.

4.35pm: Inter Milan have tried to sign Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi on loan.

Arsenal have rejected the loan approach from Inter but Sky Sports say the Serie A side will now return with a bid for a permanent transfer.

The Gunners are said to want £35m for the Germany international in order to recoup the money they paid for him just last summer.

Mustafi made 26 top flight appearances for Arsenal last season and was first-choice alongside Laurent Koscielny.

4pm: Liverpool have snubbed a £114m offer from Barcelona for Philippe Coutinho.

The Kop are continuing to stand firm over the Brazilian and have rejected three offers from the Catalans for him this summer.

Barca have upped the ante as they continue to look for a replacement for Neymar.

But Ernesto Valverde might have to look elsewhere after Jurgen Klopp snubbed the £114m offer.

3pm: Chelsea and Tottenham are both in the running to sign Southampton defender Cedric Soares, according to the bookies.

BetStars Director of Trading Ian Marmion said: “London rivals Chelsea and Spurs have been left to battle it out for the signature of Cedric Soares this summer and are both joint favourites at 3/1 to snatch the defender from St Mary’s.

"Antonio Conte is desperate to strengthen both wing-back positions before the transfer window slams shut and the 25-year-old right-back, who was part of Portugal’s Euro 2016 winning squad, is rumoured to be high on the Italian’s defensive wish list.

"However, the Blues face strong competition from Spurs who are yet to find a suitable replacement for Kyle Walker at right-back and the latest odds suggest that the Portugal international could be the man to fill the void."

1.35pm: Chris Wood will snub a new contract offer from Leeds in the hope of securing a move to Burnley.

The Championship outfit have offered Wood a new and improved three-year deal in a bid to keep him at Elland Road.

But the New Zealand striker has set his heart on joining the Clarets and will keep Leeds waiting in the hope the Premier League outfit make a second bid for him.

12.55pm: Paris St-Germain star Julian Draxler is wanted by FOUR of the Premier League’s biggest clubs.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have all held initial talks with Paris St-Germain for Germany international Draxler, according to The Gambling Times.

The 23-year-old faces being pushed down the pecking order at PSG following the world-record signing of Neymar from Barcelona.

12.05pm: Ivan Perisic is unlikely to join Manchester United this summer, with the player unwilling to kick up a stink and force through a move.

Perisic is on Jose Mourinho’s wanted list this summer - but getting a deal done has proven tricky.

The Daily Express say sources close to the club have indicated the trail has gone cold for Perisic, with Inter refusing to lower thier £48m asking price and the player not prepared to rock the boat.

11.20am: Manchester United are one of three clubs chasing Club Brugge striker Emmanuel Bonaventure Dennis.

According to The Sun newspaper, Mourinho sent a scout to watch the 19-year-old in action against AEK Athens in the Europa League last night.

10.50am: Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe has refused to be drawn on reports linking the Cherries with a move for Leicester winger Demarai Gray.

Howe said: “I made it very clear previously when Demarai was at Birmingham that we did like the player but he’s very much a Leicester player now.”

10.45am: Tony Pulis has denied West Brom are nearing a deal for Tottenham defender Kevin Wimmer.

“Whoever's telling you we are close, is miles away from that fact,” he said. “We have a lot of irons in the fire with a lot of targets.”

According to the Standard, Southampton are demanding ‘considerably more’ than £20m for Cedric Soares.

Antonio Conte wants a right-back and the Blues thought they could get Soares for a reasonable price.

9.15am: Nemanja Matic has fired a parting shot at former club Chelsea.

Matic joined Manchester United from Chelsea in a £40m deal last month after being frozen out by Antonio Conte.

But when asked if United are the biggest club he's played for, Matic said: ”Definitely, everyone knows what Manchester United is about.

“When you say Manchester United, it is different. Also Chelsea is a big club, Benfica are the biggest club in Portugal. But Manchester is Manchester.”

9.05am: West Brom have rejected an offer from Manchester City for Jonny Evans, Tony Pulis has confirmed.

City boss Pep Guardiola fancies Evans to provide further competition in central defence but the Baggies are eager to keep their captain.

“We've turned down an offer for Jonny,” Pulis said at a press conference this morning.

8.10am: Atletico Madrid midfielder Gabi has warned Diego Costa to respect Chelsea.

Costa is AWOL in his native Brazil and wants to return to former club Atletico.

“He is in a complicated situation,” Gabi said. “He has already spoken publicly, but in the end they have to reach agreements.

“From what I know, Atletico Madrid want to bring him [back] and he wants to come, but Chelsea are in the middle and we cannot enter there.

“When you form part of a club you have to respect it and do it in the best way.

“The better you leave a club, the better your image will be and the better you will leave the situation.”

6am: Alexis Sanchez would be a much better signing for Barcelona instead of Philippe Coutinho, according to Paul Merson.

Merson told Sky Sports: “Do you ring up Arsenal with an offer of £70million for Sanchez?

“I know they’re saying £50m won’t buy him and we’ll let his contract go out but £70m is a lot of money and i think that might twist it.

“Sanchez scores many more goals than Coutinho does and you’re still getting £30m change.

“I’m looking at Sanchez, and I know he’s been to Barcelona but surely you go and get him?

“He can play there and come in from out wide. He’s still top drawer and a world class footballer."

5.20am: Arsenal are prepared to pay £72m for Marco Asensio - but he wants to stay at Real Madrid.

With Alexis Sanchez leaving the Emirates by at least next year, the Gunners need a replacement in attack.

According to Spanish outlet Don Balon, Arsenal are willing to meet Asensio’s release clause worth £72m.

The Spaniard is yet to put pen to paper on a new contract, which is a situation Arsene Wenger wants to take advantage of.

Asensio, though, is not contemplating a departure and feels very comfortable at Madrid.

He is convinced manager Zinedine Zidane will give him a more important role this term.

4.30am: Anthony Martial has quashed any questions over his future by insisting he’s out to win everything with Manchester United this season.

Tottenham have reportedly already had a bid rejected for the Frenchman and Martial admits he wants to feature more regularly this season.

Martial said: “The goal is to win as many titles as possible. That is what we tried to do last year and it's what we are going to try to do this year.

“Personally, my main goal is to win titles and medals, of course. I also want to play the most.

“I have always wanted to play since I was young and so now I've got to do my best to win the title. I do set myself targets for appearances and goals but I keep that to myself.”

3.30am: Chelsea winger Willian is afraid he could follow Diego Costa out of Stamford Bridge.

According to the Daily Mail, the Brazil international fears he may be next in line to be cut adrift by Antonio Conte.

It is claimed several members of Chelsea’s first-team have sympathy for Costa.

Pressure is growing on the Italian manager, with players becoming bewildered by Chelsea’s transfer policy.

With incomings an issue, Willian is anxious he could be another set for the axe.

2.35am: West Ham forward Michail Antonio has backed Philippe Coutinho in his desire to leave Liverpool and join European giants Barcelona.

“Can you give someone a bad name for wanting to be ambitious, for wanting to move onto bigger things,” Antonio told talkSPORT.

“There are ways and means of doing it. But if that opportunity is there and you've done what you needed to do and have been the perfect servant to the club, and the club tells you "No, stay there". There's only one option for you.

Source: dailystar.co.uk

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0